If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 20 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about the bottom navigation bar, a new interface available to some lucky beta testers on WhatsApp beta for Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: feature to transcribe voice messages on iOS, multiple phones on Android!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for macOS gets update for the interface with new green tint color!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- WhatsApp for iOS 23.8.78 update is available on the App Store. It brings the ability to disable allowing multiple answers within polls to everyone.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, some beta testers were able to mention groups within their community announcement groups.
- The ability to lock chats is available to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update.
- We announced several improvements for the WhatsApp beta for macOS native app. In particular, WhatsApp introduced a new green tint color as the primary color of the app.
- The new tweaked interface with the bottom navigation bar was released to some lucky beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week for Android users:
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we discovered that WhatsApp was releasing a new feature to allow users to configure the ability to automatically share status updates to Facebook Story.
- We announced that WhatsApp is releasing an option for the web client to allow users to join the beta program of WhatsApp Web.
- The WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update brings news regarding the ability to add a message when forwarding media. In particular, this now works even when the media doesn’t have a caption.
- We discovered that WhatsApp is working on community tabs, a new way to view communities within your chat list. This feature was discovered during the development of the WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 update and it will be available in the future.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 188.8.131.52 update, we announced that a feature to transfer chats without using iCloud is available to some beta testers. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week for iOS users:
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, some beta testers noticed that GIFs are now automatically played.
- The same update about the GIF auto-play feature is also available to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update.
- The WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update brings a privacy checkup feature to allow users to quickly review their privacy settings.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update, we explained that the company is working on a new feature for group members. In particular, they will be able to report messages to group admins, so they can review those messages. This feature is in development and it will be available in a future update of the app.
- WhatsApp is releasing a new privacy tool for users, allowing them to silence unknown callers. This feature is available to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update from the Play Store.
- The WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update introduces a feature that highlights missed call names in red within the calls tab, making it easier for users to notice missed calls.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, we announced that WhatsApp is working on campaign messages to send personalized promotions, reminders, or even updates on holiday sales. This is a business feature available in a future update of the app.
- WhatsApp is releasing a feature to allow users to play voice messages outside of chats on the WhatsApp beta for Windows native app.
- WhatsApp beta for Windows gets a feature to allow users to choose a chat wallpaper from a predefined set of colors.
- WhatsApp announced new features in a blog post regarding polls, documents, and media forwarding with a caption.
As we said last week, a lot of features have been released on iOS and Android, and this definitely shows the dedication of the WhatsApp development team to improving the application and offering more features to users. We expect to announce a lot of new features next week.
Please, stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.