If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 12 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about a feature to transcribe voice messages, a new feature available to some users on WhatsApp for iOS!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: animated emojis and channels on iOS!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168: what’s new? WhatsApp is releasing an option to manage the side-by-side feature on Android tablets!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update, we announced that WhatsApp was releasing a new community navigation feature to some beta testers. Thanks to this feature, all sub-groups are now listed under their respective communities even within the chat list.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update, WhatsApp is rolling out a new reply with a message feature within notifications to some beta testers.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, WhatsApp is releasing a new privacy checkup feature, providing users with an overview of their account privacy settings.
- WhatsApp announced that the feature to allow users to use the same account on multiple mobile phones is available on WhatsApp for Android. With the companion mode, users can now link their WhatsApp account to other mobile phones, and this is still protected by using end-to-end encryption.
- WhatsApp for iOS 23.8.75 is available on the App Store. The update introduces a feature to allow users to add a description to forwarded media.
- There is an update for Android people that use a tablet. In fact, thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, it is now possible to disable the side-by-side view on tablets.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, WhatsApp is finally releasing a new feature that allows some beta testers to migrate their chat history to a new Android phone without using Google Drive.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is finally releasing a feature to transcribe voice messages. End-to-end encryption is always preserved as the transcription takes place locally on the device, and supported languages are: Arabic, Cantonese, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Turkish. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update, we posted information about a new way to automatically share status updates to Facebook Stories, a new feature under development.
- WhatsApp for iOS 23.7.83 update was available on the App Store: it brings a new group setting for group admins to help them manage how to approve new participants.
- A bug fix update is available for WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 that addresses an issue with the splash screen.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, some beta testers can finally lock their chats, a new way to protect certain conversations on WhatsApp. Once a chat is locked, the user’s fingerprint is always needed to open it, making it impossible for anyone else that use the phone to read messages shared within locked conversations.
As you may have read, a lot of features have been released on iOS and Android, whether they are important or not. This shows the dedication of the WhatsApp development team to improving the application and offering more features to users. We expect to announce a lot of new features next week.
As always, stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.