If you didn’t have time to read our stories posted this week about the recent updates of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is the right time to do it thanks to our summary. We announced 13 features and the best news of the week is about editing messages!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the most recent update of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop but some of these features are not enabled. Why?||Some features may be under development so they are not available to beta testers, or they are rolled out to some users. In both cases, you need to wait for a future update. Read more to discover further details.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: editing messages and business news!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp is releasing media auto-download settings on Desktop beta!|
- The first news of the week was a story about the ability to speed up voice notes released to users on WhatsApp beta for Windows.
- This week, we announced several new features for the native Windows beta app: shortcut page, zoom in and zoom out action for images, online status compatibility, and polls.
- After releasing the WhatsApp for iOS 22.21.77 update on the App Store, WhatsApp is introducing call links to quickly join voice and video calls thanks to a shareable link.
- WhatsApp is rolling out minor tweaks to the interface on Android beta: thanks to these changes, WhatsApp complies with the recent Material standards for Android regarding the typography and buttons.
- Some lucky beta testers were able to set up an avatar after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update. This would have been the best news of the week for sure… but since WhatsApp has temporarily disabled the feature (probably due to a bug when setting up the avatar), we think it is no longer eligible to be the best news of the week. It will surely be released at a later date again.
- WhatsApp is finally working on forwarding images, videos, GIFs, and documents, with a caption, for a future update of the Android beta app. In our opinion, this is surely the best news of the week: