If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 13 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about multi-account, a new feature under development on WhatsApp for Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: channels released in Singapore and Colombia!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp for iOS 23.12.71: what’s new? WhatsApp is widely rolling out a new community entry point!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 22.214.171.124 update, some users can now experiment with a new chat attachment menu, which provides users with enhanced experience when selecting what to share.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update, WhatsApp is rolling out redesigned switches and floating action buttons by following Material Design 3 guidelines. The changes are available to select beta users.
- Some beta testers can now share the content of their device screen by using a screen-sharing feature, thanks to the WhatsApp beta for iOS 188.8.131.52 update.
- The WhatsApp for iOS 23.12.71 update was released on the App Store, and it brings a new community entry point within the community announcement group that lists all the groups linked to the community, and a new shortcut for community admins to provide them with a new way to add a new group to the community.
- WhatsApp released an update for Android and iOS beta testers which introduces the ability to record and send voice messages, short videos up to 60 seconds.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on a multi-account feature by implementing a menu that will allow users to select which account they want to log into. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- WhatsApp beta for Windows gets a screen-sharing feature in order to share a specific window or the entire content of your screen with everyone connected to the video call.
- WhatsApp beta for Windows also gets a message editing feature, to offer users a way to correct their typos within 15 minutes.
- Another feature is available to some beta testers that installed the latest WhatsApp beta for Windows update: a new call-back shortcut for missed calls.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on a feature that allows users to be notified when channels are available for their account. Even this feature is in development and it will be released in the future.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update, some businesses noticed a redesigned interface when advertising their status updates for Facebook and Instagram.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update, we announced that WhatsApp is working on adding official Meta Quest compatibility as a linked device. This feature is under development and it will be available in a future update of the app.
- WhatsApp experienced an issue that prevented users from sending media messages. WhatsApp also shared a statement on Twitter regarding the outage.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.