If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 11 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about channels, a new feature available to some users in Singapore and Colombia!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: companion mode on WhatsApp for iOS!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52: what’s new? WhatsApp is rolling out a redesigned emoji keyboard!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- With the WhatsApp for iOS 23.10.77 update, WhatsApp is releasing a feature to add a call link to the calendar app that works like a reminder, so the user won’t forget that they have generated a link for a WhatsApp call.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 23.11.76 update, some community admins can now mention their groups within the community announcement group.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 23.11.78 update, we announced that a new interface for the group settings screen was available. In addition, a new “Add Other Participants” option is available.
- WhatsApp is rolling out a feature to send HD Photos on WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS. When sending photos by using this feature, image dimensions are preserved (even if there may be some limitations), but light compression is still applied to the image.
- The WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update allows some beta testers to experiment with a redesigned sticker and GIF picker.
- Mark Zuckerberg and WhatsApp announced channels, a new way to share updates with a certain audience. This feature is limited to users in Singapore and Colombia and it will be released to users in different countries soon. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on redesigned floating action buttons, and they will be available in a future update of the app.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, WhatsApp was releasing a redesigned emoji keyboard, aimed at improving the user experience.
- Unfortunately, the redesigned emoji keyboard was revoked so users were unable to experiment with the new experience while using the keyboard. However, the redesigned emoji keyboard is back to some lucky beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update.
- WhatsApp beta for Windows gets a crop tool, bringing an additional feature to the drawing editor.
- WhatsApp experienced outages with connecting the server.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.