If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 11 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about A.I. agents and stickers, a new feature powered by Meta!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|Thanks:||FastenM, for testing and reporting!|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: WhatsApp beta for iPad is now available!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206: what’s new? WhatsApp is rolling out a new reply bar feature to quickly reply to images, videos, and GIFs!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- In the article about the WhatsApp for iOS 23.19.76 update, we announced that WhatsApp was widely rolling out a feature to manage who can add members to communities.
- We announced an improved interface with new icons and colors with the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11. The feature is under development and it will be released in a future update.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we announced that WhatsApp has plans to introduce a search feature within the Updates tab to allow users to quickly search for status updates and channels. The feature is in development an it will be released in a future update of the app.
- A new banner may appear within the app settings to suggest people how to create a new group after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update.
- The WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 update offers some beta testers the possibility to create and share AI-stickers.
- Mark Zuckerberg announced AI-powered chats with different A.I. agents and the ability to make AI-stickers to put in your chats. These new features are available to a certain group of users on iOS, Android, and Desktop, and WhatsApp has plans to release them to more people in the near future. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, we discovered that WhatsApp wants to replace the green verification badge with a blue checkmark to likely standardize the verification badge color across all the Meta apps.
- An improved “about” feature is under development and it will be called “text status”, providing users with the ability to set an expiration for their own status. The feature was revealed with the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update.
- We revealed the details regarding a new sidebar and group chat filter in development for WhatsApp Web.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we shared information regarding the ability to automatically delete channel media, a feature in development for a future update of the app.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we announced a new reply bar aimed to help some beta testers quickly reply to images, videos, and GIFs.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on X is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on X: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to see where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.