Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.17.70.
Let’s find out together what features the new update includes.
MAIN BUG FIXES
• Fixed an issue that was preventing message notifications from showing up on iOS 11 (from the official AppStore changelog).
More about this: this fix should successfully work on iOS 11.1 and newer (when available), but you shouldn’t have problems on iOS 11.0 too, otherwise a notification like this may appear when you swipe/force to close WhatsApp:
• Updated all localizations.
• Now you can see when your contacts have updated their About.
• New UI for voice and video calls, to allow to return to the chat quickly without using the Message button, seen that it will be removed in next releases:
FEATURES THAT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN FUTURE
• Administrators will be finally choose who can change the group’s subject, icon and description.
This has been already implemented in the Android version (also here this is disabled by default and it will be available in next releases).
• You can search participants in a group using the new Search button in Group Info, as shown in the precedent screenshots.
• You will be able to set a group description.
These features in Group Info are disabled by default and they will be enabled in next releases.
This changelog has been written by @WABetaInfo.
Other news you would like to read:
• First Verified Business Accounts appear in WhatsApp.
• WhatsApp is testing more options for image compression.
• WhatsApp to support Stickers like Instagram.
• WhatsApp will support YouTube in the app.