If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 12 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about voice messages, which now support the view once mode on iOS and Android beta!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: new interface is available for iOS and Android beta!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11: what’s new? This is a bug-fix update that addresses an issue with the emoji panel!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- The WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update introduces a new menu to switch between audio and video message mode, aimed to prevent unintentional mode changes.
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 22.214.171.124 update from the TestFlight app, some beta testers can finally experiment with a search feature within the Updates tab, making it easier to search for status updates and channels.
- The same menu to switch between audio and video message mode is also available to some beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update from the Google Play Store.
- A feature to allow users to reply to status updates using avatars is available to some beta testers after installing the most recent updates of WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, we announced that WhatsApp was rolling out new shortcuts to quickly lock conversations right within the chats list and the chat info screen.
- The best news of the week is about a new feature to send voice messages using the view once mode, preventing the recipient from exporting, forwarding, saving, and recording them. The feature is available to some beta testers after installing the latest versions of WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, some beta testers can experiment with a redesigned outlined button interface.
- After installing the latest WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update, some beta testers can apply new formatting tools to their text messages: Code blocks, Quote blocks, and Lists.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we announced that WhatsApp is working on a feature to hide locked chats by using a secret code. This feature is under development and it will be available in a future update of the app. Unfortunately, this update also brings a bug regarding the emoji panel.
- The mentioned bug about the emoji panel was successfully fixed with the latest WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update from the Google Play Store. Make sure to install this update to use a version of WhatsApp without experiencing the bug.
- WhatsApp has released a new quick action bar feature with a recent version of WhatsApp Business beta, aimed to help businesses perform some actions quickly.
- A search message by date feature was spotted during the development of WhatsApp Web, making it easier for users to locate messages by picking a date. This feature is in development and it will be available in the future.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on X is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on X: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to see where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.