Some users are experiencing issues when using WhatsApp, as the app is unable to connect to the server. It seems this is not due to a broken update and it is not limited to a certain platform. What’s happening?
WhatsApp is experiencing an outage for some users so it is not possible to connect to the service and use some features since the server is down. It seems it is not a worldwide outage since only certain users are currently experiencing issues, but it seems a lot of users are unable to connect to WhatsApp Web. The extent of the outage and the number of users affected is not currently known. At this time, it is unclear what is causing the current outage: the company has not released any official statements or provided information regarding the reasons behind the issue.
RECENT UPDATES ABOUT THE OUTAGE:
- Outage detected: certain WhatsApp users may be unable to use WhatsApp on their mobile and desktop devices (17:42 UTC time).
- Media sending: some users are experiencing issues with sending media (18:12 UTC time).
- Media downloading: some users are unable to download media (18:16 UTC time).
- WhatsApp calling: some users may be unable to place audio and video calls. Calls may start, but the recipient may not receive them. (18.17 UTC time).
- Issue fixed: the service is back to normal (20.00 UTC time).
Unfortunately, we don’t have information on when this issue will be addressed by the server team. We will keep you up to date here and on Twitter when we have further details to share with you about the outage.
Stay up-to-date on WhatsApp news by following WABetaInfo on Twitter. You can also discover other new features for WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.