If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 9 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about the bottom navigation bar, a new UI redesign planned to be released in a future update of WhatsApp for Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|How to join the community on WhatsApp?||WABetaInfo Community|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: feature to lock chats and keep them hidden on Android beta!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android gets a new feature to add and edit contacts within the app!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- After installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update from the Google Play Store, some beta testers can finally keep messages from disappearing, an important feature that helps users prevent important messages from disappearing.
- The same feature about keeping messages from disappearing is also available for some beta testers that install the WhatsApp beta for iOS 22.214.171.124 update.
- The article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update was one of the most important stories published this week as we announced that WhatsApp keeps working on newsletters, which are now called channels. This is a feature under development and it will be released in a future update.
- We announced that WhatsApp is working on bringing a bottom navigation bar to a future update of WhatsApp for Android. The news has been spotted during the development of the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update and, in our opinion, this is the best news of the week as a lot of users have been requesting a similar redesign of the WhatsApp interface for years:
- Some updates of WhatsApp beta for Android released this week are compatible with a new feature to allow users to add and edit contacts without leaving WhatsApp.
- Another important feature announced this week was about locked chats. In particular, WhatsApp is working on an entry point to open and manage locked chats, and it is under development for a future update of WhatsApp beta for Android.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update, we announced that WhatsApp is working on 15 additional durations for disappearing messages, and it will be available in a future update of the app.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on bringing a new design to various sections of the app, where every section of the app settings appears with rounded corners and small margins around the edges.
- The WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update contains information about an optional feature that allows users to share their status updates to Facebook Stories without leaving WhatsApp, available in a future update of the app.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.