If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 8 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about a feature that will allow users to lock chats and keep them hidden, available in a future update of WhatsApp beta for Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|How to join the community on WhatsApp?||WABetaInfo Community|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: video messages, official chat, and new experience with polls!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52: what’s new? WhatsApp is working on a feature that allows users to lock chats and keep them hidden!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- After releasing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update on the TestFlight app, we discovered that WhatsApp is releasing a full-width messaging interface for community announcement groups, making it easier for community participants to read messages within the updates group. This feature is available for some beta testers.
- WhatsApp beta for Android finally gets a new text editor experience by using new tools and fonts that help add contents within images, videos, and GIFs. The revamped text editor is rolling out to some beta testers and it’s coming for more people over the coming weeks.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we shared some information about the ability to create a newsletter, an optional private tool available in a future update of the app. The article includes information about how to create a newsletter by entering its name and description.
- Yesterday, we announced a new feature under development planned to be released in a future update of WhatsApp beta for Android: the ability to lock chats. Thanks to this feature, users will be able to lock specific chats and keep them hidden. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update, we announced that WhatsApp keeps working on the ability to edit messages by implementing an alert to inform users that the message will be edited for everyone on the latest version of WhatsApp. This feature is still in development and it will be available in a future update of the app.
- A lot of users on WhatsApp beta for Android were unable to use the app because it expired. WhatsApp addressed the issue by releasing the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update on their official website and the Google Play Store.
- WhatsApp is working on 15 additional durations for disappearing messages, available in a future update of WhatsApp Desktop beta.
- WhatsApp beta for Windows finally offers the ability to disable multiple answers within the poll composer, making it easier for the poll creator to avoid ambiguity and improve the accuracy of poll results.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.