WhatsApp has recently submitted a few new updates through the TestFlight beta Program (currently closed), bringing the version up to 188.8.131.52.
What’s new in this update? Discover everything below!
- In this article there are some features under development: it means they aren’t still visible in this update, but they will be enabled in a future build.
- This update mainly adds bug fixes and improvements that will be also included in the public version, the 2.20.100 update.
- If you would like to join the beta program, you can visit our TestFlight page, a rich page where you can find a lot of TestFlight Links. Actually the WhatsApp beta program is closed, but the page will help you to monitor the status.
561 days, 6 hours, 18 minutes and 5 seconds ago
Check out TestFlight or Twitter daily to discover new availabilities.
- WhatsApp is working to improve Payments for specific countries, in particular for Spain. Note that Payments aren’t available yet in this country.
- WhatsApp has rewritten the section to show all shared media files, in order to improve the speed to load images, videos and GIFs there. You can open “Contact Info” > “Media, Links and Docs” to verify.
- WhatsApp is still working to improve Expiring Messages before the release. Note that there is no release date available.
- WhatsApp is updating their security notice again, when a new contact uses a new device to log in (under development).
- WhatsApp is now compiled using the iOS 13.6 SDK.
- WhatsApp has officially added a new tone when you terminate a call:
- WhatsApp has added a new ringtone when you receive a group call:
- WhatsApp is working to allow a user to join a missed group call, if the group call still exists. This is under development.
- Improvements to launch WhatsApp when there is low storage available on your device.
- A bunch of improvements of stability for the app.