Some days ago, WhatsApp has released the new voice note player to more beta testers that install the latest updates of WhatsApp beta for Android. Today, the company is announcing new updates for everyone that include features for voice notes that have been already released in the beta version!
|Story about?||New tools for voice notes|
|Status?||Rolling out in the coming weeks for everyone|
|Compatibility?||Latest updates of WhatsApp beta for Android and iOS are compatible.|
|I’ve installed this update but I don’t have these features. Why?||These features have been already rolled out to beta testers, but more activations are planned for everyone in the coming weeks.|
|Previous news?||WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11: what’s new? WhatsApp is rolling out advanced privacy settings to more beta testers today!|
In a new blog post, WhatsApp is announcing improvements for voice notes. Initially, the company states that 7 billion voice messages on average are sent daily on their platform, and all of these are secured by end-to-end encryption so nobody can listen to them, not even WhatsApp or their parent company, Meta. Then, WhatsApp announced changes for voice notes:
If you follow WABetaInfo for a long time, you know that these features have been already rolled out to users that use beta versions of the app. In particular, WhatsApp is now announcing:
- Fast playback at 1.5x and 2x the speed: already rolled out to beta testers and stable users of the app last year. WhatsApp is now planning to release the ability to use fast playback for forwarded voice notes to stable users soon.
- Out of Chat Playback: Android beta testers can already use this feature, but more activations are planned soon. This is already available on the recent versions of WhatsApp for iOS and we have defined it as a global voice note player.
- Waveform Visualization: after releasing voice waveforms on WhatsApp Desktop, we have considered voice waveforms available on all the platforms of the app.
- Remember Playback: you can pick up voice notes where you left off when you return to the chat and this feature is already rolled out to beta users this month!
- Draft Preview: you can listen to voice notes before sending them. You can also resume the recording by using the feature to pause and resume recordings.
- Pause and Resume recordings: the ability to pause and resume voice recordings is already available to beta testers and soon for everyone.
These features will be rolled out to everyone (so people that use WhatsApp stable versions from the App Store and Play Store) on WhatsApp for iOS, WhatsApp for Android, WhatsApp Web/Desktop in the coming weeks. Be sure to use an updated build of WhatsApp by checking your app updates from the Store for mobile apps!
Follow WABetaInfo on Twitter to always be up to date about WhatsApp news, and you can discover all other changes implemented on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, Windows!
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and you can visit this page to discover where you can find WABetaInfo!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help, and read my announcements!