Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.18.40.
The official changelog on AppStore reports the availability of a new feature, allowing you to see recent status updates in the WhatsApp widget in your iPhone’s Today View.
This update also includes bug fixes, improvements and some other new features currently under develoment and improvements.
• As reported in the official AppStore changelog, you can listen voice messages while switching to another app or turning your screen off.
This was already possible in precedent releases, but for some users the feature didn’t work.
Since this version, WhatsApp plays the voice message as a real audio, allowing iOS to show it in the control center and in the lock screen:
• WhatsApp has added a feature that helps you to get in touch with WhatsApp developers when WhatsApp cannot be opened (for bugs), in order to send to them crashlogs.
Crashlogs will allow them to solve the problem in your installed version.
Here you will find a list of features that are not available yet.
WhatsApp is started to work on these features in this update, and they will be enabled in next releases.
• Improvements for group video calls. This feature is currently not available and it will be available in next releases.
• WhatsApp is starting to add translations for the Sticker feature. This means they reached a good point of the development, and the feature will remotely enabled in a near future (NOT in this version).
This changelog has been written by @WABetaInfo.
Other posts you would like to read:
• WhatsApp Web 0.2.8299: what’s new? New login design and new clues for voice and video calls on WhatsApp Web!.
• WhatsApp beta for Android 2.18.19 and 2.18.21: what’s new? Animated Stickers!.
• WhatsApp Stickers Packs Store for Android.
• WhatsApp uses automatic processes to verify businesses.
• WhatsApp is testing a demote feature for groups on iOS and Android.