WhatsApp has recently announced that UPI Payments are available again for all their Indian users!
Some users are experiencing issues receiving the feature. In this article you will find some information about how to quickly get the option to send Payments in WhatsApp.
|Name of the feature?||UPI Payments|
|I’ve installed the latest version but I haven’t this feature, why?||This article will help you to get the feature, on iOS and Android.|
|Next article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52: what’s new?|
People across India can finally use UPI Payments again, previously announced in 2018 but, for some government reasons, the feature was disabled for new activations.
Starting today, people across India will be able to send money through WhatsApp 💸 This secure payments experience makes transferring money just as easy as sending a message. pic.twitter.com/bM1hMEB7sb
— WhatsApp Inc. (@WhatsApp) November 6, 2020
WhatsApp has announced that Indian users can finally send money through WhatsApp. However, there are some users that didn’t receive the option yet. Let’s discover how to get the feature!
This method worked two years ago and we’re happy to announce that it still works (except for business accounts):
- You need to find someone that has Payments enabled on WhatsApp. This user can help you to enable the feature.
- This user has to send a “Payment Notification” in your chat. To send a Payment Notification, he has to tap Payments in the chat sharing options:
- Seen that you’re unable to receive Payments, because the feature is not available for you, WhatsApp will ask if your friend can notify you to receive Payments. Note that he is not sending money, this is just a request to send.
- When tapping Notify, you will receive a notification in the chat, asking to set up a payment account. After the configuration, you will finally have the Payments feature enabled!
More countries will be eligible to get Payments in WhatsApp in future. This is the full list:
- Brazil (+55): already enabled
- India (+91): already enabled
- Mexico (+52): in future
- UK (+44): in future
- Spain (+34): in future
- WhatsApp is also working on a general way to offer Payments in Europe. More information will be following later.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!