If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 8 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about the split view available for tablet users that install the latest version of WhatsApp beta for Android from the Play Store!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|How to join the community on WhatsApp?||WABetaInfo Community|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: newsletters and keep messages from disappearing!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp is working on a feature to mute calls from unknown numbers!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- The first article of the week was about the sticker maker tool, a new feature introduced in the latest WhatsApp for iOS 23.3.77 update by supporting an iOS 16 API. Thanks to this feature, some people can quickly create stickers after extracting a subject right out of an image.
- A new update for WhatsApp beta for Windows introduces the ability to generate a call link. Thanks to this feature, users can quickly join a call by opening a link.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, we announced that WhatsApp is redesigning the Status tab to include newsletters, providing a new way for users to receive updates, for a future version of the app. In addition, status updates will be shown in a horizontal layout in the future, similar to Instagram Stories.
- Thanks to a recent update of WhatsApp beta for Android, it is possible to use a split view on tablets. Thanks to the split view, the chat list is always visible when opening a chat, but it is also available within the calls and status tabs. This is surely the best news of the week for tablet users:
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, we shared the details about a new feature available to some users: the ability to report status updates that may violate the Terms of Service. The same update also offers to some users a permanent mute option within their message notification.
- After installing the most recent WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update from the Play Store, we discovered that WhatsApp is releasing a new in-app banner within the document explorer for some beta testers, in order to announce the ability to share documents up to 2GB in size.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update available from the TestFlight app, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on a redesigned chat attachment menu, which is expected to bring it in line with the attachment menu already available on WhatsApp for Android, for a future update of the app.
- In order to reduce interruptions and potentially avoid spam calls, WhatsApp is working on a feature to mute calls from unknown numbers, for a future update of the Android app.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.