WhatsApp has recently submitted a few new updates through the TestFlight beta Program (currently closed), bringing the version up to 22.214.171.124.
What’s new in this update? Discover everything below!
|Name of the feature?||Disappearing Messages, Report To WhatsApp|
|Availability?||After installing the 126.96.36.199 update for some beta testers.|
|I’ve the same version but I don’t see this news, why?||WhatsApp is currently rolling out disappearing messages. It might take a while before receiving the feature. Please be patient. Report To WhatsApp is surely available immediately.|
|News about Android?||Details in the 188.8.131.52 article.|
845 days, 14 hours, 51 minutes and 39 seconds ago
Check out TestFlight or Twitter to discover when it's available.
Yesterday WhatsApp rolled out disappearing messages for some Android users. Today, once updating to the latest WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update, WhatsApp is also releasing the same feature for iOS!
To verify if it’s already available for you, just open Contact Info or Group Info (if you’re a group admin) and you should see a new section called disappearing messages:
If you open this section, you can read an introduction of the feature:
This introduction gives some important details, explaining how disappearing messages work. Here are some basic things to know:
- If a user doesn’t open WhatsApp in the seven day period, the message will disappear. However, the preview of the message might still be displayed in notifications until WhatsApp is opened.
- When you reply to a message, the initial message is quoted. If you reply to a disappearing message, the quoted text might remain in the chat after seven days.
- If a disappearing message is forwarded to a chat with disappearing messages off, the message won’t disappear in the forwarded chat.
- If a user creates a backup before a message disappears, the disappearing message will be included in the backup. Disappearing messages will be deleted when a user restores from a backup.
- The recipient might forward or take a screenshot of a disappearing message and save it before it disappears.
- The recipient might copy and save content from the disappearing message before it disappears.
- The recipient might take a photo of a disappearing message with a camera or other device before it disappears.
If you choose to enable disappearing messages in a specific chat or group (where you’re admin), you can see an expiration icon on the profile picture of the contact:
When someone toggles disappearing messages in an individual chat or group chat, you will receive the information directly in the chat:
The process to receive disappearing messages is totally random, but it seems faster than the one for Android. If you didn’t receive the activation today, please be patient.
Small change: FAQ is now Help Center.
Previously introduced in WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11, WhatsApp is now adding the possibility to report a business, group or individual chat including most recent messages:
WhatsApp never receives your messages without your permissions: If you decide to report a contact, you agree to forward a copy to WhatsApp of the recent messages from that chat.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!