Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.18.10
Last month, we have published a tweet, asking to backup your chat history.
Be sure to frequently save your chat history on WhatsApp for iOS, if you care it, since now.
It's very important and you will understand later why I'm alerting you about this.ADVERTISEMENT
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) December 14, 2017
Before updating to 2.18.10, we really recommend you to backup it, because after the update, WhatsApp will perform an optimization process: if something will fail (or if WhatsApp will crash multiple times), you may lose your chat history, so it’s very important to do it.
• The Multi Media Server protocol is now enabled by default for all media types!
• Improvements for the “pop” animation after the peek action on the chats cell.
• Improvements for the “Business Info” section.
• General improvements for calls: added also some codes for the Group call feature.
• Internal improvements for the Group Info section.
• Improvements for the Lock recordings button.
• Internal improvements for the Search feature.
• Improvements to view PDFs.
• UI Improvements for bubbles that contain voice messages.
• When you send a message contained a date, it will be underlined with a gray color. Before, messages that contained a date were like a link.
This changelog has been written by @WABetaInfo.
Other news you would like to read:
• First Verified Business Accounts appear in WhatsApp.
• WhatsApp is testing more options for image compression.
• WhatsApp to support Stickers like Instagram.
• WhatsApp will support YouTube in the app.