If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 11 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about the ability to limit polls to only one choice and video messages!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|How to join the community on WhatsApp?||WABetaInfo Community|
|Thanks:||TheNewsHQ, for testing and reporting!|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: profile icons within group chats and polls!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124: what’s new? WhatsApp is working on a new feature called audio chats!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- WhatsApp for iOS 23.5.79 is available on the App Store: it is an additional bug fix update for those businesses that experienced an issue with notifications.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 update, we announced that WhatsApp is releasing a tweaked interface when loading a link preview, and it is available to some beta testers.
- WhatsApp announced new features for group chats: the ability to quickly choose who can join a group by using the “admin approval” feature, and a feature that allows users to see which groups they have in common with a certain contact by searching for their name.
- After releasing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 188.8.131.52 update on the TestFlight app, WhatsApp is rolling out a new experience with polls by introducing the ability to limit them to only one choice.
- The same feature was also released to some Android beta testers after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update. Note that the toggle within the poll composer may now be called “Allows multiple answers” on iOS and Android and, when disabled, it allows users to limit polls to only one choice. In our opinion, this is the best feature released to users this week:
- Thanks to the business version of the WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on the ability to send video messages, available in a future update of the app.
- After a long time, WhatsApp finally launched an official chat to provide users with tips and tricks on WhatsApp for iOS and Android.
- WhatsApp and Mark Zuckerberg announced a desktop app for Windows that offers faster speeds and improved calling as it now supports group video calls with up to 8 people and audio calls with up to 32 people.
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on pinning messages within chats and groups by bringing a pinned view, for a future update of the app.
- WhatsApp is working on a feature to send audio messages that are only playable once for added privacy. This feature is under development and it will be released at a later date.
- Audio chats are under development for a future update of WhatsApp: this is what we discovered after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.