If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 8 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about a feature called “admin approval”, available for some users on WhatsApp for iOS and Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|How to join the community on WhatsApp?||WABetaInfo Community|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: Android beta version now offers split view for tablets!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp is releasing a multi-selection feature for messages on Windows beta!|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update, some beta testers can now send 21 new emojis from Unicode 15.0, right within the official WhatsApp keyboard.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 update, we announced that WhatsApp is introducing some changes regarding the push name: it now replaces the phone number within the chat list when you receive a message from an unknown group member, and in other sections of the app.
- The same change about the push name is also available for some users that install the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update from the Play Store.
- WhatsApp is releasing admin approval to some users on WhatsApp beta for Android. Thanks to this feature, group admins have more control over people that want to join their groups. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- Admin approval is also available to some beta testers that install the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update from TestFlight and it is rolling out to some people that use different versions of the app, even from the App Store.
- After releasing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 update on the TestFlight app, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on expiring groups as an additional tool to save space, for a future update of the app.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for iOS 18.104.22.168 update, we announced that WhatsApp is working on a new text editor for the drawing tool by introducing new fonts and text tools, for a future update of the app.
- It is now easier for users to select more messages at once and then choose to delete, forward, star, or copy all of them thanks to a new select option on WhatsApp beta for Windows.
Stay tuned for more news and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on Twitter is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to know where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.