WhatsApp has recently submitted a few new updates through the TestFlight beta Program (currently closed), bringing the version up to 188.8.131.52.
What’s new in this update? The article also contains details about the precedent 184.108.40.206 update: discover everything below!
- Contacts shortcuts might be available for certain users. Learn mode below.
- The update also implements some general bug fixes, that will be also included in the public version, the 2.20.70 update. There will be other beta updates that contain other bug fixes.
- If you would like to join the beta program, you can visit our TestFlight page, a rich page where you can find a lot of TestFlight Links. Actually the WhatsApp beta program is closed, but the page will help you to monitor the status.
115 days, 1 hour, 48 minutes and 35 seconds ago
Check out TestFlight or Twitter daily to discover new availabilities.
A lot of users are experiencing issues with the 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 beta updates, in particular they cannot share some contents from other apps:
Same Scenario- Couldn’t Share.
iOS Beta v22.214.171.124
— ֆʊʀʏǟ (@SuryaKiranMajji) June 10, 2020
We don’t know the reason of the issue, because it’s only happening for certain users.
If you’re experiencing the issue, please follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Settings -> Help -> Contact Us.
- Add a small description of the issue, like “It’s not possible to share any photo from other apps”.
- Continue and send the email: WhatsApp will receive your report, including some logs that help to investigate, so they can catch the issue.
It appears that the contacts shortcuts works in 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 for certain users, on iOS 13:
Seen that the Share Sheet has issue, a lot of users might not be able to see these shortcuts, maybe it’s an issue relative to the precedent one.
The good news is that a contact shortcut has finally an icon, synced with WhatsApp! So, if a contact changes his profile picture, in the share sheet you will always see the most updated one.
We will keep you updated once WhatsApp will fix these issue.
In the WhatsApp Messenger beta for iOS 184.108.40.206, WhatsApp added the support for the official iOS 13 menu:
Seen that this menu uses iOS 13 APIs, it was not possible to add the same redesigned menu for users having a lower version than iOS 13.
In 2.20.70, WhatsApp has redesigned their own menu, emulating the one available on iOS 13!
This menu is available for any user on iOS 12 and lower versions.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!