In these months WhatsApp was working to implement a lot of new features. The most recent one is a search by date feature for iOS and new tools for Storage Usage for Android.
Today we’re going to post another announcement, providing new information about Animated Stickers.
- You need to update your WhatsApp version to the 126.96.36.199 Android beta and 188.8.131.52 iOS beta versions or newer updates, in order to view and download Animated Stickers. WhatsApp Business is included.
- Previous updates might get the feature as well (for example the 2.20.70 iOS update from the App Store, but this should be a beta exclusive), but WhatsApp is always used to enable features in recent beta updates (that might contain bug fixes and improvements for the feature), so you should install the updates as above mentioned.
- If you have already updated to the most recent version available and you don’t see the feature, please back up your chat history and reinstall WhatsApp if you don’t want to wait more.
Every time you reinstall WhatsApp, the most updated configurations from the server are downloaded, enabling the feature for you.
- If you have reinstalled the app and the feature persists to not be enabled, unfortunately the only thing that you can do is to wait: the feature will be automatically and slowly enabled in the next updates very soon for everyone!
We have previously explained in the other article that the feature Animated stickers consists of three parts:
- The possibility to view animated stickers. When you’re able to view animated stickers, you can save and send all received animated stickers.
- The possibility to import animated stickers from third parties. Third parties can offer their own animated stickers packs. A lot of animated stickers creators were working in these months to provide animated stickers to be imported into WhatsApp.
- The possibility to download default animated sticker packs from the WhatsApp Store, currently implemented in the app.
WhatsApp has already rolled out the possibility to view animated stickers, on both iOS and Android beta. Today WhatsApp is rolling out the third part of the feature, allowing to download animated sticker packs from the WhatsApp Store!
Today WhatsApp is releasing their first animated sticker pack, called Playful Piyomaru, for iOS and Android beta users:
We want to clarify again that the current implementation does not loop animated stickers. We have no idea if WhatsApp will decide to allow looping them or if they will offer a toggle to enable it.
What to do now? You can start to download and use this animated sticker pack. If you don’t see any animated sticker pack in the WhatsApp Store, it means the feature is not ready for you, but you might be able to download the entire pack if another user sends the animated sticker to you.
How to create and import animated sticker packs? We have explained that the feature consists of three parts: the possibility to view, import and download animated stickers. Actually it’s possible to view and download animated sticker packs. When WhatsApp will roll out the possibility to import animated stickers from other apps, we’re going to explain how to do.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this feature and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!