Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.17.40.
Let’s find out together what features the new update includes.
• General bug fixes.
• Updated all localizations.
• The video streaming feature is enabled by default also for users that didn’t receive the roll out on the 2.17.31 version. Tap here to read all details in this our old article.
• The possibility to share any file on WhatsApp is also enabled for users that didn’t receive the roll out on the 2.17.31 version. Tap here to read all details in this our old article.
• Added the Pin feature. You are now able to pin your favorite chats at the top. It’s possible to pin 3 chats only. This feature is fully compatible with WhatsApp Web/Desktop.
More information about this feature are available here.
• Improved the management of emojis (tap here for reading all details, including a new hidden feature).
• You can forward or delete an album without selecting all items before. This was already possible on Android.
• WhatsApp will ask to report problems during voice and video calls, for example “I couldn’t hear the other person’s voice clearly” or “the video kept pausing”.
• New layout in the “Calls” section, very similar to the “Chats” section one when there aren’t chats.
• When it’s not possible to start a video call, the call will continue with audio only.
• You can now slide on images, videos and audio in Media, Docs and Links section (Contact/Group/Broadcast List Info) in order to select multiple items at once. To test it, tap and hold on a photo and slide it in any direction to select other items.
• Improvements to view contact cards.
• Improvements for images transition, in particulat swiping up/down on a received/sent image in the chat.
• Improvements to forward media.
• Improvements to search your chats.
• Improvements to restore your chat history.
This changelog has been written by @WABetaInfo.