Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.18.60.
The official changelog on AppStore reports the availability of the Request Account Info feature, but this update also contains something else..
Let’s discuss what are them ..
- You can now request a report of your WhatsApp account information and settings. Just go to Settings, then Account. Tap Request Account Info.
- After my announcement, WhatsApp now informs when it’s not possible to add a business in a group.
- You can now search contacts you have a chat with in Storage Usage.
- CallKit is disabled in China. Recently Apple has removed from the AppStore many apps that support the CallKit framework, as mentioned in an article published by 9to5mac.com. Now that CallKit is disabled, WhatsApp has no reasons to be removed from the chinese AppStore.
- Improvements for video calls.
- Many improvements for the Payment feature, available in India only.
- Small fixes and improvements for the backup feature, in particular there are some improvements to encrypt the database before sending it to iCloud.
WABetaInfo has listed this changelog and any other possible detail about the update will be published later on Twitter.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this changelog and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask help to other participants and read my announcements!