WhatsApp beta for Android 2.18.50: what’s new?
NEW ANDROID UPDATE!
WhatsApp has submitted a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 2.18.50.
But what features has WhatsApp added and removed in this update?
Let’s find out together what are them ..
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
The General data protection regulation is coming: it will change the way to keep our data and it will also affect Facebook family of companies, including WhatsApp.
It offers to all users more control over their data on the Internet, ensuring more protection, transparency and uniformity for them.
This report will be immediately deleted once the user will download it and he will be able to know which data are used by the company.
The process may require time and WhatsApp will notify the user when the report is ready to be downloaded.
• These two features are currently under development: it means they aren’t available yet and they will be remotely enabled in next updates..
So don’t worry if you don’t see them updating to this version. WhatsApp is started to work to implement the option to download data for the General data protection regulation option since this version, so they didn’t enable it yet.
The same is true for the Stickers feature.
• You shouldn’t notice the undownloaded sticker image in the screenshot. It was for our tests.
Other posts you would like to read:
• WhatsApp Web 0.2.8299: what’s new? New login design and new clues for voice and video calls on WhatsApp Web!.
• WhatsApp beta for Android 2.18.19 and 2.18.21: what’s new? Animated Stickers!.
• WhatsApp Stickers Packs Store for Android.
• WhatsApp uses automatic processes to verify businesses.
• WhatsApp is testing a demote feature for groups on iOS and Android.