If you didn’t have time to read our stories posted this week about the recent updates of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is the right time to do it thanks to our summary. We announced 10 features and the best news of the week is about a new feature under development: the ability to search for messages by date!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the most recent update of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop but some of these features are not enabled. Why?||Some features may be under development so they are not available to beta testers, or they are rolled out to some users. In both cases, you need to wait for a future update. Read more to discover further details.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: assign chats to linked devices|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199: what’s new? WhatsApp is working on a new camera shortcut|
- We already talked about the ability for users to contact certain businesses without sharing their phone number, a feature under development. This week, we discovered that the same feature is under development on WhatsApp Desktop beta.
- The ability to keep messages is a new feature under development that lets people save disappearing messages, in some cases. This week, WhatsApp is working on managing those situations where it is not possible to save disappearing messages.
- The company has released the WhatsApp for Android 188.8.131.52 update, a release candidate for non-beta testers: it brings the ability to change the app language and implements some bug fixes and performance improvements from the previous beta updates.
- WhatsApp is finally releasing the ability to create a community to more iOS beta testers. Since the rollout seems a bit wider now, even some users that use stable releases from the App Store may be able to create a community but note that it is still a small test so it may be needed some more time before launching the feature to more users.
- Two years ago, WhatsApp decided to abandon the development of a feature that would have allowed users the ability to search for messages by date. Finally after releasing the WhatsApp beta for iOS 184.108.40.206 update, we discovered that the company plans to release the feature in the future again. This is surely the best news of the week:
- After releasing the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is planning to release a future update where the privacy section is placed between all other main settings.
- A new feature has been released after installing the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update: a new camera shortcut, but there is a bug that makes the shortcut visible even to those people that cannot create a community so they have now two entry points to open the camera.
- In order to address the issue about the new camera shortcut, the company has released the WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update.
- The same camera shortcut under development on WhatsApp beta for Android has also been discovered during the development of WhatsApp beta for iOS 126.96.36.199 update.
- WhatsApp has released the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update and it brings a large animated orange heart emoji to beta testers.
Stay tuned for more WhatsApp news and updates coming next week!
Follow WABetaInfo on Twitter to always be up to date about WhatsApp news, and you can discover all other changes implemented on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows!
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and you can visit this page to discover where you can find WABetaInfo!
A Discord Server invite link is available! Join to discover more about WhatsApp and you can chat, give advice, ask for help, and read my announcements!