Today WhatsApp has released a new update on the AppStore, bringing the version number up to 2.17.50.
The official changelog reports “Bug fixes” but we know that this isn’t often true.
Let’s find out together what features the new update includes.
• General bug fixes.
• Updated all localizations.
• When a chat is pinned, you can see now a pinned icon on the profile picture of the contact, in the WhatsApp widget.
• The Emoji Search feature is now enabled by default for all users having iPhone 5s or later and iOS 9 or later.
Check here to read more information, released when the feature was disabled by default.
• The video streaming feature is still enabled by default (with some small improvements in this update), like in 2.17.31, 2.17.40, 2.17.41 and 2.17.42 updates. Check here to read more information in this our old article.
• Bubbles are now smaller.
• You can now save a WhatsApp Album in your Camera Roll.
• If you try to save a WhatsApp Album that you already saved previously, WhatsApp will ask you if you want to save it again.
• Default WhatsApp Wallpapers are no longer saved in WhatsApp, but in the Facebook servers. In order to set a WhatsApp wallpaper, it’s necessary an active Internet Connection. This feature is to save space.
• Some improvements to understand if the recipient interrupted the call.
• Improvements to star/unstar a media contained in a WhatsApp Album.
• WhatsApp rewritten from scratch the Chat Bar, that opens the way to future features, for example these ones:
1) You can tap now on a word on the Chat Field to choose a font, without the necessity to manually insert the symbols.
2) You can see the preview of the formatted text in the Chat Field.
This changelog has been written by @WABetaInfo.
Other news you would like to read:
• WhatsApp will improve the Chat Search feature.
• WhatsApp to support Stickers like Instagram.
• WhatsApp will support YouTube in the app.