WhatsApp has recently submitted a new update through the TestFlight Beta Program, bringing the version up to 184.108.40.206.
I always recommend to back up your chat history before updating to the new beta: if there is something wrong with the update, your messages are safe on iCloud and you can downgrade to the precedent version from TestFlight or App Store.
Let’s find out together what is new ..
- All features and changes listed in this article will be available in the next update on the App Store, the 2.19.60 official update.
- If you want to join the WhatsApp Messenger beta program on TestFlight (but you cannot do it now because the beta program is full), you can consider to join my Discord Server, in order to receive push notifications when slots are available, or check out my TestFlight page every day.
- If you are curious to join other beta programs, you can visit my TestFlight page: a great collection of a lot of beta links.
When you receive multiple photos in a chat, WhatsApp groups them in a single bubble.
WhatsApp has improved the layout of the Album, including now how many items there are in it:
WhatsApp has removed the possibility to copy, save and export the profile picture of your contacts.
The feature is still available for groups, where you can save group icons.
WhatsApp has already removed the same feature in the latest Android beta updates and in the WhatsApp Business beta for iOS 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 on TestFlight:
WhatsApp has no publicly explained why they have decided to remove the feature and we don’t know the reasons for this choice.
The official voice message format in WhatsApp is opus, that’s lossy audio coding format used to get low latency with the best quality.
Unfortunately opus is not supported from many apps. To solve this “issue”, WhatsApp for iOS exports now OPUS files as M4A (AAC codec):
This feature is exclusively available for WhatsApp on iOS. No news for Android yet.
- Improvements for streaming videos you haven’t downloaded yet.
- Improvements to receive messages notifications.
- If the user wants to delete his account, WhatsApp recommends to change the phone number instead. It has been included because a lot of users having a new phone number didn’t use the “Change Number” feature, choosing to delete the account and to create a new one.
- Improvements for Voice Over.
- Updated some translations and strings, for example “User is recording…” is now “User is recording audio…”.
- Improvements for VoIP calls.
- Added a new type of message, that includes interactive buttons. It’s not available yet.
A screenshot of the type of message was presented some days ago in a conference:
- WhatsApp is improving the search bar, for an upcoming new feature, announced some months ago..
Let us know on Twitter if you like these features and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask help to other participants and read my announcements!