It’s been a week full of news about WhatsApp. Let’s discover what happened!
|Topic about?||News of the week|
|Where can I read new Terms of Service?||Terms of Service are available here.|
|I’ve wrongly accepted new Terms of Service! Can I revoke them?||No.|
|I wrongly declined new Terms of Service! What to do?||WhatsApp will present the new Terms of Service again.|
|What happens if I don’t accept new Terms of Service?||You won’t be able to use WhatsApp anymore until you accept them.|
|Are the announcements posted from WhatsApp a sign of ads to come on WhatsApp?||No.|
- We explained that our chats and calls are still safe, because the changes introduced in the Terms of Service are about businesses and solution providers.
- There has been an official response from WhatsApp, that clarified this concept: your WhatsApp experience won’t change and you can still safety chat with your friends and family.
- In order to limit misinformation about Terms of Service, WhatsApp is officially postponing them.
In our recent article we explained that WhatsApp was going to work to do a lot more to clear up the misinformation around how privacy and security works on WhatsApp.
Today, WhatsApp is starting to send their own status updates to several users from India and Mexico!
It’s a good move to inform their users that chats, calls and shared locations are always end-to-end, regardless their changes in the Terms of Service.ADVERTISEMENT
NEW TONES FOR CALLS
In the recent beta versions, WhatsApp has introduced new tones when you accept/decline or terminate a call. They have also recently introduced these tones in the latest WhatsApp for Android (web release).FEATURES DOWNGRADED
WhatsApp is removing some features that they have recently enabled:
- New Linked Device UI: WhatsApp is restoring the old interface, on WhatsApp for iOS and Android. Reasons are unknown.
- Starred stickers on WhatsApp Web: for unknown reasons WhatsApp is temporarily removing this feature, introduced in the 2.2100.4 update.
Both features will be enabled again in a future update.YOUTUBE BUG FIXED
Finally the YouTube bug has been fixed on WhatsApp for iOS. It was already fixed on WhatsApp for Android one month ago.
Good news: the YouTube preview works again within WhatsApp for iOS today 💥
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) January 12, 2021ADVERTISEMENT
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!