If you missed our stories this week about the latest updates to WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is a good time to catch up thanks to our summary. Among the 8 stories we shared, the best news of the week is about channels, a new broadcast private tool available on WhatsApp for iOS and Android!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the latest update of WhatsApp for Android, iOS, and Desktop, but some of these features are not currently available. Is there a particular reason for this?||Some features in the app may be under development and not yet available to all testers, or they may be gradually rolling out to users. If you’re unable to access a certain feature, you’ll need to wait for a future update. Keep reading for more information.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: group chats filter feature and original quality photos and videos!|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206: what’s new? WhatsApp is rolling out a feature to initiate group calls with up to 31 participants, along with minor improvements to the calls tab!|
|WABetaInfo Channel on WhatsApp:||Invite link|
WHATSAPP NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Thanks to the WhatsApp beta for Android 220.127.116.11 update, we discovered that WhatsApp is working on complying with new EU regulations by developing support for chat interoperability. As mentioned in Article 7, end-to-end encryption will always have to be preserved in interoperable messaging systems.
- With the WhatsApp for iOS 23.17.81 update, WhatsApp was widely rolling out a feature to create a new group chat while forwarding messages: try to forward a message to check if the new shortcut is available.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update, we announced that WhatsApp was finally rolling out a feature to swipe between tabs with the new bottom navigation bar. In the same article, we explained that we cannot guarantee that this is a final decision as this feature is still against the guidelines of Material Design 3.
- Mark Zuckerberg announced, through his Meta channel on Instagram, a global launch for WhatsApp Channels, which now include several enhancements. Some users may even be able to create a channel, but this feature will widely be released to everyone over the coming months. However, if you still don’t have access to channels, please note that it will still take a few more weeks to get this feature. In our opinion, this is the best news of the week:
- The WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update is a bug-fix version that addresses an issue with replying to status updates.
- A video avatar calling feature is available to some beta testers who have installed the recent WhatsApp beta for Android 126.96.36.199 update.
- In the article about the WhatsApp beta for Android 188.8.131.52 update, we revealed the details regarding a new feature aimed to automatically verify the status of your end-to-end encrypted chats.
- With the WhatsApp beta for Android 184.108.40.206 update, we announced a feature to initiate group calls with up to 31 participants. The update also includes some minor tweaks to the calls tab.
Stay tuned with us to discover new features and updates about WhatsApp, coming your way next week!
Following WABetaInfo on X is the best way to discover new features under development and released to users on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows. Keep yourself informed and up-to-date by following us.
Do you like this news? Please, let us know on X: we love hearing your feedback! If you’re curious to see where you can find WABetaInfo, there is a dedicated page where you can discover our services.
In addition, we have set up a Discord Server where you can chat with other people, get help and advice, and stay up to date with the latest announcements from WABetaInfo.