WhatsApp has recently submitted a new update through the TestFlight Beta Program, bringing the version up to 18.104.22.168.
I always recommend to back up your chat history before updating to the new beta: if there is something wrong with the update, your messages are safe on iCloud and you can downgrade to the precedent version from TestFlight or App Store.
Let’s find out together what is new ..
- The new blocked contact notice feature is not available
- WhatsApp is working on this feature in the recent few updates, in order to ensure the best bug-free experience for you. For this reason it’s absolutely normal if you don’t see these features in WhatsApp, seen that they are under development.
- If you want to join the WhatsApp Messenger beta program on TestFlight, you can consider to join my Discord Server, in order to receive push notifications when a beta access is available (if the beta program is currently closed), or check out my TestFlight page every day.
- If you are curious to join other beta programs (including WhatsApp Business), you can visit my TestFlight page: a great collection of a lot of beta links.
133 days, 11 hours, 31 minutes and 54 seconds ago
Check out TestFlight or Twitter daily to discover new availabilities.
- In the 22.214.171.124 update, WhatsApp has implemented a redesigned footer in some parts of the app. It’s possible that it doesn’t appear on the Splash Screen, for some users.
In the WhatsApp beta for Android 2.19.332 update, WhatsApp was starting to develop a new feature that will show, when enabled, a bubble that contains the info that a contact has eben blocked or unblocked. WhatsApp is now starting to implement the same feature in the iOS app (currently under development):
As we did with the post about Android, it’s better if we explain in detail how the feature works, to avoid misunderstanding.
When you block a contact, this contact can understand if he has been blocked from you if he doesn’t see your profile picture, about and last seen (assuming that he didn’t set its privacy on ‘Nobody’), but he will never receive a direct communication about this event.
Nothing changes when this feature will be enabled: when you block a contact, WhatsApp will add a bubble in your chat reporting “You blocked this contact. Tap to unblock.” (or “You unblocked this contact).
This notice will be added in your chat only: this means that the contact that you have blocked won’t receive a notice, seen that the notice is added in the chat of the user that has blocked someone else.
At the same time, if someone will block you, the notice will appear in his chat only, so it won’t appear at your side.
As announced in the article for WhatsApp beta for Android 2.19.260, WhatsApp was implementing Facebook Pay in their app.
WhatsApp is finally working on the feature in the iOS app too, and we found some hidden tracks:
Note that this feature is under development and there is not available any release date that suggests when the feature will be enabled.
Let us know on Twitter if you like these features and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask help to other participants and read my announcements!