WhatsApp has just submitted a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 220.127.116.11.
What’s new in this update? Discover all details below!
|Name of the feature?||Delete chats from linked devices|
|Availability?||WhatsApp is testing and developing this feature and it will be available in a future update.|
|I’ve the same version but I don’t see this news, why?||The feature is not available yet, but you can see a preview here.|
|Previous news?||How to fix missing media on WhatsApp for Android|
To introduce news about deleting chats from linked devices, I will summarize what we know about multi device.
- 4 devices can use your WhatsApp account at the same time, and the main device doesn’t need to be connected to the Internet.
- Multi device will include a tool to migrate your chat history between iOS and Android. The user must use the most recent update in order to migrate the chat history.
- A log out option for linked devices is under development.
- WhatsApp will offer beta access for WhatsApp Web Beta, compatible with the multi device functionality.
- It’s possible that WhatsApp will release multi device features for WhatsApp Web only, in the first place. Mobile devices might receive this feature later.
- WhatsApp has successfully tested voice and video calls from linked devices.
Today we have news about deleting chats. When you delete a chat from the main or linked device, it will not be deleted from other linked devices:
We don’t know the reason behind this choice, but I would love to see two different options: “Delete from this device” and “Delete from this and all linked devices”. It must be said that the feature is under development, so everything can change at anytime (like the UI . Stay tuned for more information about multi device.
Yesterday I’ve published the changelog for the 18.104.22.168 update, announcing that WhatsApp was starting to enable the feature to play voice messages with a different speed.
📝 WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124: what's new?
WhatsApp is releasing multiple playback speeds for voice messages!https://t.co/HfQoL4VQHY
— WABetaInfo (@WABetaInfo) April 22, 2021
Unfortunately WhatsApp has disabled the feature from the server: reasons are currently unknown and there is no way to get it back. People that tested the 126.96.36.199 update were lucky because they had the possibility to test the feature.
We hope to see the feature back very soon with a new update the next week.
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!