If you didn’t have time to read our stories posted this week about the recent updates of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop, this is the right time to do it thanks to our summary. 5+1 features have been announced and the best news of the week is about the ability to migrate the chat history from Android to iOS!
|Story about?||WhatsApp news of the week|
|I’ve installed the most recent update of WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, and Desktop but some of these features are not enabled. Why?||Some features may be under development, so they are not available to beta testers, or they are rolled out to some users. In both cases, you need to wait for a future update. Read more to discover the details.|
|News of last week?||WhatsApp news of the week: hide online status and reactions|
|Previous article?||WhatsApp is working on reporting messages on Desktop|
- We posted a guide about how to use flash calls on WhatsApp, a new method to get automatic verification when logging into the app without manually entering the 6-digit code on WhatsApp beta for Android.
- We posted a changelog about the WhatsApp beta for Android 18.104.22.168 update: there is nothing new, apparently, but WhatsApp is working on syncing chats across mobile devices, for a future update of the app.
- The WhatsApp beta for Android 22.214.171.124 update has been released and more beta testers can finally move their chat history from Android to iOS! Other activations are still planned for more users in the future, but this is surely the best news of the week:
- After supporting the ability to share media files up to 2GB in size, WhatsApp is working on new improvements when sharing documents. In particular, the company is developing a feature that lets users attach a caption for their shared documents before sending them, for a future update of the app.
- WhatsApp is working on adding a new option that lets users quickly report specific messages within a future update of WhatsApp Desktop beta.
- In addition, there is another news that has not been announced: after releasing the WhatsApp beta for Windows 2.2226.3.70 (UWP version), WhatsApp is removing the redesigned context menu implemented in the previous update. We don’t know why, but probably it is due to the regression when using the redesigned context menu: it was no longer possible to fix typos because the suggestions don’t show up in the redesigned context menu. Since they removed the redesigned context menu, the suggestions now finally show up.
Stay tuned for more WhatsApp news and updates coming next week!
Follow WABetaInfo on Twitter to always be up to date about WhatsApp news, and you can discover all other changes implemented on WhatsApp beta for Android, iOS, Web/Desktop, and Windows!
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and you can visit this page to discover where you can find WABetaInfo!
A Discord Server invite link is available! Join to discover more about WhatsApp and you can chat, give advice, ask for help, and read my announcements!