WhatsApp has just submitted a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 188.8.131.52.
What’s new in this update? Discover all details below!
- Expiring messages aren’t available yet.
- The feature “Expiring messages” is one of the biggest one that will be available in WhatsApp in future. WhatsApp is actually developing the feature, so it’s not available in the 184.108.40.206 update, but they are internally working on it, improving the feature with a bug fixing process, in this update.
- If you don’t see the update on the Play Store, please refresh the Google Play Store in the next hours.
We have announced some changes about the UI for the future Expiring messages section, available for both chats and groups, in the 220.127.116.11 beta update.
In the 18.104.22.168 the feature is not available yet, but WhatsApp is still improving some things, for example implementing a panel that introduces Expiring messages:
Reading this introduction we learn that:
- Anyone can turn on and off expiring messages in chats. For groups, only group admins can toggle the option.
- Messages sent and received when the feature was disabled won’t be affected.
- Media will expire in the chat as well, but some images/videos might be previously saved before the expiration.
- Expiring messages are always end-to-end encrypted.
When the Expiring messages feature will be available, WABetaInfo is going to post an announcement: stay tuned!
Let us know on Twitter if you like this article and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask for help to other participants and read my announcements!