WhatsApp has recently submitted a new update through the Google Play Beta Program, bringing the version up to 2.19.297.
Discover all changes implemented in this update with us!
- The Splash Screen is already visible to everyone on 2.19.297.
- The Dark Splash Screen is not visible because the Dark Theme feature is not available yet.
- WhatsApp is working very hard on the Dark Theme feature in the recent few updates, in order to ensure the best bug-free experience for you, before the release for everyone.
- There is no issue if you have updated your WhatsApp beta version and it’s not visible for you, seen that it’s under development.
- We have no details about when the Dark Theme feature will be released for everyone. So, for this reason, we invite you to be patient.
In the WhatsApp Business beta for iOS 18.104.22.168, WhatsApp has introduced a new splash screen.
Today, with the 2.19.297 Android beta update, the splash screen is available!
Recently, we have talked about the improvements implemented about the Dark Theme feature. WhatsApp is still improving it, implementing a Dark Splash Screen today (that’s obviously not available, because the Dark Theme is under development):
Note that some users might get the Dark Splash Screen, even if the Dark Theme is not enabled. It’s a bug that also makes the bubbles dark, sometimes.
As you can see, WhatsApp is implementing many improvements for the Dark Theme, but unfortunately there is not a release date available.
We will continue to inform you for any change about the Dark Theme and, when available, we will post an announcement for you!
We published the list of supported countries that will receive the Payments feature, in future.
Today we can include “Indonesia” as new supported country (only wallet will be supported).
Let us know on Twitter if you like this feature and read our next announcements on our Telegram Channel!
WABetaInfo has a Discord Server about WhatsApp, where you can chat, give advice, ask help to other participants and read my announcements!